Sunday, February 15, 2015

He Needs...

Me. Baby boy needs me when I'm enjoying my pedicure. She cut out two, deep ingrown toenails while I was waiting for a phone call. Nothing. I leaned back into the massage chair as the warm towels were wrapped around my unshaven legs. My life is consumed with people needing me therefore pedicures are on the bottom of the list and I guess I could add shaving my legs too. 

It happened. My husband called and in the background was a cry that makes my heart sad. He was hungry. If I wasn't breast feeding I'm sure it would be a little easier because he wouldn't need my goodies.

My bright orange toenails were drying as I paid for my 30 minutes of bliss, and I rushed home. He was giggling and talking with Dad when I frantically swung the door open. Relief. Then I thought maybe I could have run to Starbucks for a late night caffeine fix since I needed to start grading. 

His slobbery face looked at me. I fed him and reminded him I'm the luckiest momma in the world. I wouldn't choose any other life if I had the option. God created the sweetest boys on the planet and inserted me into their lives. My boys need me and I need them. There isn't a thing in the world that could replace that feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment